Job Offer #2023-BMX-J05 open until December 22, 2023
Postdoctoral Position (m/f/x) in Enhancing Immunogenicity of Tumors
15 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute with sites in Heidelberg, Germany, New Haven, Connecticut, XSeed Labs in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and a worldwide network of partner locations. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds – academia and industry – and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About the Team
The group, led by Dr. Semih C. Akincilar, is dedicated to unravelling the mechanisms by which cancer cells evade immune surveillance and devising innovative strategies to convert cold tumor microenvironments into hot ones. To achieve this goal, the team utilizes state-of-the-art single-cell sequencing techniques to pinpoint non-immunogenic tumor clusters. Their primary focus centers on investigating DNA damage and DNA sensing pathways in order to develop patient-specific therapies.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in cell biology, immunology or biochemistry. The candidate should possess a strong foundation in tumor immunology with proven skills in 2D/3D cultures, tumor-immune cell interaction and T cell activation and recruitment assays. The successful candidate will actively contribute to cell line engineering and conduct functional assays to assess the immunogenicity of cancer cells using in vitro and in vivo assays.
- Expertise in molecular and cellular biology assays (cloning, protein/gene expression analyses and gene manipulation techniques, etc.)
- Experience in immunological assays (flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, cell sorting, Elisa/Luminex etc.)
- Co-culture systems (including primary cells), 3D organoid culture and mouse xenograft models
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience in solid tumors, especially CRC
- Experience in NGS library prep
- Proficiency in omics data analysis
- Experience in culturing and editing patient-derived cells
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until 31 January 2029.
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate team recognition events, etc.
The position is sponsored by Merck KGaA.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
The position is available as of February 1st, 2024. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Semih Akincilar before December 22nd, 2023, via our online Career Space.