Job Offer #2022-J01 open until February 15, 2022
Research Assistant/Lab Technician Position (all genders) RNA Splicing in Cancer
29 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany, with a world-wide network of partner locations. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team RNA Splicing in Cancer (RSC)
A research assistant/lab technician position is available in the group RNA Splicing in Cancer (RSC), headed by Dr. Alexandra Duarte, at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg.
Emerging data indicate that alterations in RNA splicing play a critical role in the pathogenesis of several molecular subtypes of cancer. Such alterations can lead to constitutive activity of oncogenes, reduced expression of tumor suppressors, or drug resistance. Team RSC is interested in identifying key molecular and cellular mechanisms for splicing abnormalities in cancer development, which could be exploited as potential targets for the treatment of multiple cancer subtypes. As part of the research project, novel therapeutic concepts are to be developed that explore the complex pathophysiology of tumor cells within human tissues, with a focus on oncogenic RNA splicing aberrations. The lab will employ high-throughput approaches combined with mechanistic cellular biology and cellular cancer models.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to support our team with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Master’s degree in oncology and/or immunology, and a strong background in cellular cancer models.
- Cellular cancer models
- CRISPR/Cas genome editing
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, Western blotting)
- Very good work organization skills
- Ability to work in a milestone-driven environment
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Willingness to learn new skills as project requires
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Flow cytometry
- Viral gene delivery
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate team recognition events, etc.
The post is offered for a limited term until 31 January 2023. The position is sponsored by Merck.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
The position is available immediately. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Alexandra Duarte before February 15th, 2022, via our online career space.