Job Offer #2022-BMX-UKR closed since October 31, 2022
BioMed X Ukraine Refugee Funding Program: Open Positions for Research Assistants in Life Sciences
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About the BioMed X Ukraine Refugee Funding Program
Since the end of February 2022, the attack of the Russian army on Ukraine has triggered a large number of refugees, many of them being early-career scientists who cannot continue their work at their Ukrainian universities. BioMed X and some of its partners offer master-level researchers in life sciences who had to leave Ukraine because of the war the opportunity to continue their work in a research group at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg, Germany for a period of up to four years. Further information on the funding conditions and the application procedure can be found on our website at https://bio.mx/landingpage/ukraine.
For the open positions, we are looking for highly motivated early-career researchers to support the biomedical research at our institute. There are openings for candidates with an MSc degree in life sciences, bio-organic chemistry, pharmacology, or physics.
- MSc degree in life sciences/bio-organic chemistry/pharmacology/physics
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
The posts are offered for a limited term of up to 4 years.
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast scientific network.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate, team recognition events, etc.
The positions are available immediately. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Thomas Rückle via the online Career Space on this website.