Job Offer #2022-BMX-J03 open until June 30, 2022
Research Assistant Position (all genders) in Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases (EPD)
37 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team EPD
The objective of the group, led by Dr. Ebru Ercan-Herbst is to understand myelination deficits in Schizophrenia by using postmortem human brains and disease model systems such as human iPSC-derived neurons and oligodendrocytes and rodent models.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Master degree or several years of experience with background in cell biology, neurobiology or biochemistry.
- Hands-on experience with eukaryotic cell culture techniques is a must, with preference on generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation.
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy.
- Very good work organizational and lab management skills.
- Independent thinking.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience on working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until December 31st, 2023.
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment.
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate team recognition events, etc.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
The position is available as of August 1st, 2022. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Ebru Ercan-Herbst before June 30th, 2022, via our online career space.