Job Offer #2021-J15 open until February 28, 2022
Postdoctoral Position (all genders) Molecular “omics” Profiling in Autoimmune Disease and Inflammaging
42 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany, with a world-wide network of partner locations. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team TDA
The objective of the new research group “TDA (Regulatory T cell Dysfunction in Autoimmunity and Inflammaging)“, headed by Dr. Gorjana Rackov, is to understand the molecular mechanisms governing mitochondrial dysfunction and immune senescence of regulatory T cells (Tregs) and other T cell subsets in the context of autoimmunity and aging. The project will combine proteomics and single-cell transcriptomics with gene-editing techniques to identify and validate robust molecular signatures during disease development.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Immunology, or a related field, with proven skills in “omics” techniques. Additional training opportunities will be provided through collaborations with life science and data science experts, and omics experiments will be performed in collaboration with experienced core facilities.
- Experience in design, execution, and analysis of proteomics experiments
- Gene silencing (e.g. shRNA; siRNA etc) and -editing (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9)
- Extensive experience in standard molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture
- Willingness to lead Master/Bachelor students
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Advanced skills in biological data analysis
Additional preferred skills
- Background in immunology and/or aging
- Experience in next-generation sequencing (e.g., RNA-seq, sc-RNA-seq, ChIP-seq)
- Experience in human and/or mouse primary immune cell cultures (e.g. T cells, Tregs, co-cultures)
- Experience in flow cytometry
- Experience in murine models for lineage tracing
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate, team recognition events, etc.
The post is offered for a limited term until 28 February 2027. Earliest starting date is 1 April 2022. The position is sponsored by Merck.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team and an outline of the proposed contribution to the team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Gorjana Rackov before 28 February 2022 via the BioMed X Career Space on this website.