Job Offer #2021-J14 open until January 15, 2022
Postdoctoral Position (all genders) Computational Biology / Bioinformatics
43 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team IEB
The main objective of the research group Intestinal Epithelial Barrier in Autoimmune Diseases (IEB), headed by Dr. Martin Resnik-Docampo, is to understand the molecular mechanisms of the interactions between intestinal epithelial barrier and immune cells, in particular the interactions between dendritic cells and intestinal enterocytes. Studies will involve use of conventional and high-throughput metagenomics, generation of intestinal organoids from murine and human subjects, and co-culture system.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic computational biologist to strengthen our team. The ideal candidate would have a PhD degree in bioinformatics or related fields with extensive experience in the analysis of omics data. This position is intended to bridge the gap between bioinformatics, experimental, and clinical research. The candidate should be passionate about pursuing our ultimate goal to better understand the ethiology and pathophysiology of intestinal barrier integrity in the context of autoimmune diseases, where we aim to identify novel biomarker signatures and new therapeutic targets.
- Experience in the analysis of transcriptomics data (e.g. RNAseq, scRNAseq)
- Experience in data integration, statistical analysis and visualisation with R or Python
- Experience in developing novel computational approaches for data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills as projects require
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Theoretical background in autoimmune diseases and/or intestinal biology
- Experience in proteomics data analysis
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate team recognition events, etc.
The post is offered for a limited term until 31 October 2023. The position is sponsored by Merck.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
The position is available as of 1 February 2022. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Martin Resnik-Docampo before 15 January 2022 via our Career Space. Applications will be considered and processed as they come in, hence we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.