Job Offer #2021-J13 open until December 22, 2021
Research Assistant Position (all genders) Protective Tissue Factors in Autoimmune Diseases
19 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team PTA
The main objective of the group, headed by Mojca Frank Bertoncelj MD PhD, is to understand the molecular mechanisms that promote pro-resolution responses in immune and stromal cells to restore homeostasis. In particular, the team will use the human synovium as a model system to characterize the pro-resolving phenotypes of macrophages in rheumatoid arthritis. The core of the project will be the development of a first in kind synovium-in-a-dish assay for systematic monitoring of macrophage functions utilizing diverse methodologies including single-cell omics, gene-editing, bio-scaffold manufacturing, and stem to adult joint cell differentiation. Our final goal is to identify new therapeutic targets, which promote pro-resolution in inflammation and autoimmune diseases, and thereby proposing novel concepts to improve patient outcomes.
For the open research assistant position in Team PTA, we are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a MSc degree in cell/molecular biology or biochemistry combined with strong experience in molecular cloning and gene editing in mammalian cells.
- Expertise in variety of molecular cloning techniques for mammalian cells, particularly CRISPR-based cell engineering and CRISPR screens.
- Experience in molecular biology and biochemistry lab methods including Western blotting, qPCR, immunoassays, histology.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture would be a strong advantage.
- Basic theoretical knowledge in statistics.
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional skills as an asset to the position
- Experience with flow cytometry or
- Experience with flow activated cell sorting or
- Experience with handling human tissues/samples
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until July 31st, 2025. • International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment • A competitive salary • Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg • Access to a vast scientific network. • Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate, team recognition events, etc. The position is available immediately and is sponsored by Janssen.
Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Mojca Frank-Bertoncelj before December 22nd, 2021, via the Career Space on this website. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.