Job Offer #2021-J10 open until November 30, 2021
Postdoctoral Position (all genders) in Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases
42 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team EPD
A postdoctoral position in neuroscience is available in the team of “Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases (EPD)” at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group, led by Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst, is to understand factors that regulate oligodendrocyte development and myelination and dissect the dysregulated molecular mechanisms underlying myelination deficits, in particular hypomyelination in Schizophrenia.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. degree in cell biology, neurobiology or biochemistry with strong independent thinking ability. Proven experience in tissue processing is required.
- Experience with frozen and/or freshly dissected tissue processing: Cell and nuclei isolation, immunohistochemistry
- Experience with flow cytometry – cell and/or nuclei sorting
- Experience with cell culture techniques
- Skills in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- Very good organizational skills and independent thinking
- Willingness and ability to lead Master/Bachelor students on their projects
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
What we offer
The position is offered for a limited term until Dec 31st, 2023. * International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment * Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg * Access to a vast network in science and industry. * Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate, team recognition events, etc.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters or contact information of 2 referees.
The position is available as of December 1st, 2021. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst before November 30th, 2021 via our Career Space on this website.