Job Offer #2021-J09 closed since September 30, 2021
Research Assistant Position (m/f/d) in Rapid Identification of Autoantigens in Autoimmune Disease
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team IAA
The group, headed by Dr. John M. Lindner and sponsored by Janssen, uses high-throughput screening approaches to functionally deconvolute the specificity of T-cell receptor repertoires in autoimmune and other diseases. We have established a workflow using proof-of-concept sequences, and are currently solving critical remaining challenges and exploring platform applications in collaboration with our academic and industrial partners.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic and creative researchers to broaden our think tank with their intellectual power, technical excellence, and problem-solving expertise. Ideal candidates should have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in molecular and cellular biology, biotechnology, or immunology, with background knowledge of the human immune system. You will work both independently and collaboratively to optimize and execute key components of a modular platform.
- Proficiency in cellular and molecular biological techniques
- Familiarity with flow cytometric analysis and cell sorting
- Excellent critical thinking, scientific writing, and communication skills
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with high-throughput screening methodology
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals, and extracurricular passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, team recognition events, etc.
The position is available as of October 1st, 2021. The post is initially offered for a limited term through July 31st, 2022, with the possibility of extension. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. John M. Lindner before September 30th, 2021 via the application system on this website.