Job Offer #2021-J06 open until October 31, 2021
Research Assistant Position (all genders) - Innate Immunity
12 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Translocation of Complex Macromolecules Across the Intestinal Epithelial Barrier (TMI)
The main objective of the research group TMI, headed by Dr. Kyungbo Kim, is to discover novel transport mechanisms in the human intestinal tract which could be utilized for oral-systemic delivery of diverse therapeutic modalities (e.g., peptides, oligonucleotides, and antibodies). Studies will involve screening ligands, generating intestinal organoids from murine and human subjects, isolating intestinal cells, and creating a co-culture system. The project's cores are to develop a ligand specific for a target cell and establish quantitative assessment methods to monitor macromolecular drug delivery across the intestinal epithelial barrier. Our final goal is to create a novel delivery platform, which can be utilized for the development of a new generation of oral immunotherapies to benefit patients.
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques and genetic manipulation of cells (e.g., PCR, RNA isolation, western blotting, gene cloning, lentivirus preparation, transduction, and gene overexpression/knockdown)
- Transcriptomics or proteomics analysis
- Experience in protein purification.
- Team oriented, practical interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Hands-on experience in primary cell cultures
- Hands-on experience in generation and culture of organoids
- Theoretical and/or technical background in immunology
- Hands-on experience in phage display (random peptide library) technique
- Experience with microscopy techniques (e.g., confocal microscopy, live-cell imaging)
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate, team recognition events, etc.
The post is offered for a limited term until 31 July, 2025.The position is sponsored by Janssen.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 references
The position is available as of 01 November 2021. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Kyungbo Kim before 31 October 2021 via the application system on this website.